Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Cannon Memorial Library online tutorial. This tutorial is intended to provide you with a refresher on how to use a library, both in person and online, and it is also designed to give you some guidance regarding your research papers and projects.
Before taking the practice quizzes or the exam, please review the materials listed for each section.
- We suggest you try the practice quizzes before taking the final exam.
We are always here to help you. If you have any questions just ask 1-800-359-5945.
Library tutorial Learning Objectives
The Library Tutorial has been developed to support students, faculty and staff use of the library, and library resources. Each Module can be viewed alone, if you are only interested in becoming familiar with that particular section.
You will be able to:
- Navigate the Library Website (Module 1)
- Locate the link for InterLibrary Loan (Module 1)
- Identify search strategies such as Key word; Subject Heading; Faceted Search (Modules 2, 4)
- Apply search strategies demonstrated in the Library Tutorial (Modules 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Define key terms used in the Library Tutorial (Modules 2-8)
- Analyze a paragraph to determine whether it has been cited properly or is plagiarized (Module 8)
- Identify key components of the academic honor code of Saint Leo University (Modules 7, 8)