Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Requirements for Paper
Paper or Presentation
- The paper is the skillful completion of the research, developed thesis and outline
- A superior paper has two major components:
- Research from the assigned types of resources (see below)
- Interaction with the research, showing how it supports, defends, or counters the thesis statement
- Rule of thumb with using research
- Quote as little as possible; only when rewording does not do the material justice
- Do not use long quotes (over one sentence) as the paper is too short
- Summarize longer sections of the research showing that the content is understood and applies to the research project
- When you quote, you show me you’ve found an idea. When you summarize, you show you understand a concept.
How to write a college paper