Reseach Assignment Two - Child Sex Tourism
Your task -
You have been called upon to obtain the following information by law enforcement officials, mental health specialists, non-governmental agencies (NGOs) as well as researchers and scholars from national and international organizations who are concerned about child sex tourism:
- In what parts of the world does sex trafficking and sexual exploitation of children appear to be the most common? Why?
- What are the psychological consequences upon the children?
- What types of seasoning techniques are employed by pimps to gain compliance from the children?
- Why are children more vulnerable than adults to physical injury as well as the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases?
- What impact has globalization had on child sex tourism?
- What factors contribute to child sex tourism?
- What efforts are being made by the international community to address the problem of the sexual exploitation of children?
- What private companies have been formed to combat pedophiles who travel abroad?
- What effort has been made by some countries to attempt to halt sex trafficking of children?
- What types of psychological disorders are often related to child prostitution?
- What laws exist at both the national and international level to prevent and prosecute child sex tourism?
*Note: The best way to approach this assignment is to thoroughly answer one question at a time.*