Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What types of resources are available?
Online Databases and Indexes to Journals:
Online Reference Books:
Contain abstracts and full text for articles from peer reviewed journals, non-peer reviewed journals, magazines and newspapers.
Includes encyclopedias, dictionaries, manuals, etc. that are searchable and readable online.
These websites have been recommended by Saint Leo faculty and librarians.
Print Reference Books:
Includes encyclopedias, dictionaries, manuals, handbooks, almanacs, atlases, directories, etc. (Located in the Cannon Memorial Library/University Campus)
A listing of print (hard copy) periodicals and journals that the library subscribes to. (Located in the Cannon Memorial Library/University Campus)
Library Session Objectives
Today's POL/CRM-332 session was designed to introduce you to
library resources that you will likely use when completing your
research paper. As a result of today's session, you will:
- Demonstrate proficiency locating statistics on terrorism using STATISTA
- Show proficiency in searching Sage Journals to find a full-text article
- Create a correct APA-style citation for a Sage journal article
Ten Concepts to Address
RESEARCH-PAPER’s 10 CONCEPTS TO ADDRESS (RUBRIC):
- What is the Ideology or Political motivations of this Terrorist/Insurgent group?
- What type of terrorist/insurgency organization is this group: Domestic or International?
- What type of terrorist/insurgency organization is this group: Typology of the group?
- What type of terror attack/strategy or threat is being employed? Why?
- What is the most infamous terrorist attack associated with this terrorist/insurgency group?
- Who is the most important leader or leadership structure of this terrorist/insurgency group?
- Are there any international connections associated with this terrorist/insurgency group?
- What type of Counter-terrorist strategy you suggest is most effective?
- What type of international Counter-terrorist cooperation strategy is used against this terrorist/ insurgency group (U.S.-Bilaterals; U.S.-NATO; U.S.-E.U.; INTERPOL; EUROPOL; U.N.)?
- Any domestic legal/political concerns/backlash over Civil Liberties and possible abuse of power?
Instruction & Assessment Librarian