Skip to main content
Academic Writing Research Project
- Select a critical man made environmental threat facing the world today and create a hypothesis related to your choice.
- Research the topic selected and identify a minimum of six scholarly works that support your thesis statement. Wikipedia, Spark Notes, Cliff Notes, Smoop, Enotes etc., are not acceptable as expert commentary.
- Write a five page essay following MLA guidelines for documenting research. The finished essay will include a title page, in-text citations and a Works Cited page. Correct spelling, punctuation standards, and proper grammar usage must be maintained throughout the essay, The lines must be double spaces and typed in size 14 font. Essays must include:
- Identification of Environmental Threat
- Cause of Environmental Threat
- Potential Consequences of Environmental Threat
- Potential Solutions or Remedies for Environmental Threat
- The following rubric will be used to evaluate point values for the following components of the research project:
- Thesis statement & abstract 50 points
- Cause of Environmental threat 100 points
- Works Cited Page 50 points
- Final draft 200 points
- Total points 400 points
- In addition, a 15 to 20 minute presentation of facts gleaned from research must be prepared for presentation and class discussion
- Class Presentation 100 points
- All components will be due November 1, 2019. A signup sheet for presentation dates selection will be provided at that time.
Instruction & Assessment Librarian