University of Florida Libraries, Gainesville FL
This tip sheet was put together to make getting in to the University of Florida (UF) campus easier
To get a library card to check out books from all of the UF libraries that allow check outs:
- FIRST! Do this First! Fill out the online form and submit: http://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/accesssupport/specialborrowers - it takes about a day to get approved for a library card, call Library West to see if it has been approved, then
- Go to parking services at 1273 Gale Lemerand Drive to get a day parking pass and campus map
- Park in O’Connell Parking garage or whichever one you are allowed with your parking pass
- If you need assistance with walking – call parking services to request a campus cab: 1-352-392-7275 or the ADA Office: 1-352-392-1591
- Walk to - Library WEST – and pay for the community borrower’s card with a check or money order – no cash accepted! – GET A RECEIPT!!!
- You must make the library card purchase at Library West – none of the other libraries take payments, BUT once you buy the library card at Library West, you can check out books from ALL of the UF libraries that allow check outs
- When you get home, you can fill out the reimbursement form from the Saint Leo homepage, and attach the RECEIPT you got at the library to it. Make sure you make a copy of the completed form to keep for yourself before you send the original completed form to Saint Leo main campus.
- You will be able to go to any of the UF libraries that allow check outs to use your library card
- In depth information about circulation policies, borrowing procedures, hours, etc. may be found on the UF website: http://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/
- Photocopying is not available in any of the libraries for visitors because the purchase of this is controlled by UF ID cards. There are some scanners in some of the libraries where visitors may scan materials not available for check out(non-circulating) they would like to use. So, bring:
- A Jump drive to save scanned materials
- You may also want to email scanned materials to yourself…. (see 10)
- In order to use UF Library computers, go to the front desk of the library and ask for a computer visitor 2 week pass – they will issue you one and you can use a visitor computer.
- After 5pm many of the parking garages on campus are open to the public, BUT please observe all parking regulations on campus – look for signs designating the ticketing times. Parking is strictly enforced.