Rules for Acting Class:
1. Dress comfortably and casually. Wear shoes that cover your feet and allow for comfort and movement.
2. Class always begins at 3:35. (To give you time to change if need be.) You should email/phone ASAP if you are going to be late or if you will miss a class. Participation is more than 10% of your grade.
3. Your focus and your attention to others are a critical part of your work in any acting class or rehearsal; so please TURN OFF YOUR TECHNOLOGY. Cell phones have no place in the theatre and, therefore, have no place in a theatre classroom.
4. Preparation, rehearsal and memorization of scenes is of course required outside of regular class time. Usually, you should work as many hours outside class as you spend in class running your scenes, learning lines, and practicing the skills taught. Some may require more, some may require less. Be prepared to work outside of class.
5. Memorization can be hard work so don’t procrastinate. The sooner you are "off book" the better.
6. Check the syllabus for important dates. Remember, participation in the showcase is mandatory. Be prepared to participate in Academic Excellence Day as well. Also, the final is set. This cannot be taken at a different day or time as it involves another class. Make flight arrangements accordingly.
7. HAVE FUN! Art isn't easy but it is rewarding and can be a lot of fun!